Matt 船体是彭德尔人 & 十大可靠彩票平台 shareholder focusing his practice on eminent domain, 通行权, and uniform relocation act matters, 当地政府, and waterfront property law. Matt represents government and business clients in litigation matters in both state and federal courts.
Matt regularly represents condemning authorities in eminent domain cases and inverse condemnation claims, and he defends governmental clients against personal injury suits and challenges to administrative agency decisions. He has also represented business clients in land disputes and contract actions. Prior to entering private practice, Matt worked in the Office of the Attorney General of Virginia where he represented the Virginia Marine 十大靠谱彩票平台 Commission on matters affecting waterfront property owners and other users of the state’s marine resources.
- Defended a state agency against claims brought by property owners claiming that the agency had unlawfully seized their privately-owned submerged land.
- Represented the Commonwealth of Virginia and its consumers in a multistate federal antitrust trial alleging price fixing in the publishing industry.
- Secured a ruling from the Court of Appeals of Virginia holding that those challenging the Virginia Marine 十大靠谱彩票平台 Commission’s decision to lease certain submerged lands for oyster propagation lacked standing to bring the challenge.
- Successfully defended a locality from inverse condemnation liability before the Virginia Supreme Court.
- International Right of Way Association
- Portsmouth Division of Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- University of Richmond School of Law J. Westwood Smithers Medal for Highest Cumulative Graduating GPA, 2010
- Tidewater Chapter of Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities, Board of Directors
- Eminent Domain and Carbon Capture Technology ——2023年10月
- New Controversial Virginia Law Aimed at Easing Broadband Expansion Challenged by Railroads - 2023年7月
- What to Expect if Sued for Inverse Condemnation in Federal Court ——2022年7月
- Addressing Landowner Arguments for Stricter Review of Public Projects in the Wake of the 2013 Eminent Domain Amendment ——2021年4月
- Evaluating Recent Legislative Efforts to Reform Oyster Leasing in Virginia - 2020年4月